Cara Operations Ltd. is a Canadian company that provides catering services to airlines and operates several restaurant chains including Harvey's, Swiss Chalet, Kelsey's, Milestones, East Side Mario's, Montana's and St-Hubert. Does contributing to a large-scale e-commerce platform, supporting millions of guests, thousands of orders per day and millions of site visits and page views sound interesting? You will apply cutting-edge development technologies to solve hard-core scale and integration problems and build high-demand, multi-threaded e-commerce applications. You will apply your existing PHP/J2EE knowledge to a large-scale real-time e-commerce platform through the design, implementation and support of new and existing e-commerce features.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Full Stack Developer to join our team
- Work collaboratively with team members to clarify business requirements, create comprehensive and viable designs with effort estimations.
- Develop and enhance CARA’s distributed order management system
- Develop custom PHP applications on MySQL/Postgress in a LAMP environment
- Implementation of business logic in Java as a part of the overall e-commerce platform.
- Creating documentation for new features and application changes
- Supporting our QA team in testing your features formally (test scenarios) as well as informally.
- Working with our infrastructure team to debug issues as they arise in production.
- Innovating new solutions and researching new technologies that may complement CARA’s e-commerce site
We work in an aggressive, energetic and sometimes frantic environment where exceptional coders thrive. It’s not for the meek here, but if you have what it takes, we will push you hard and you’ll gain incredible experience and knowledge solving challenging software engineering projects.
- Strong command of English, both written and spoken.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Familiar with most of the following: PHP, MySQL, Node.js, Laravel, Docker, Nginx, Git, Redis, Memcached, Casandra, elasticsearch, mongoDB, RabbitMQ
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST, Thrift)
- Past experience or familiarity with architectural patterns of large, high-scale web or mobile applications
- Java 2 development and JVM tuning
- Linux and Apache experience
- Strong experience with database design and must be comfortable writing SQL queries.
- Experience with high-performance, multi-threaded or distributed computing environments a plus.
- Must be able to take initiative on projects and proactively offer suggestions and/or resolutions.
- Creative thinker, proactive, team player, and success-oriented who delivers on commitments.
- Experience developing using Agile (Scrum) software development methodologies
- Experience in test-driven development
- Understanding of Linux Operating Systems and Linux internals
- Experience in systems management or software development with systems management responsibilities
- Experience as a Release Engineer, Database Administrator, or Senior Systems Administrator, preferably in a LAMP environment
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile software methodologies
- WordPress experience
- Specific experience with Amazon Web Services such as EBS, EC2, RDS, Route53, S3, VPCWeb application performance tuning (Apache, nginx) and experience building or managing applications from the Application layer down
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices and system security policy management experience for cloud based deployments
- Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Docker or similar build automation / deployment experience
- Experience with VPN, Load Balancing, SSH, Network Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools
- Experience with implementing AEM solutions, including experience with key Adobe CQ/AEM APIs and functionality, such as sites, Apps, Assets, Forms, and Commerce and building and testing Adobe CQ/AEM components
We work in an aggressive, energetic and sometimes frantic environment where exceptional coders thrive. You must be willing to join an early stage, hyper growth company that will require significant time commitments to be successful. It’s not for the meek here, but if you have what it takes, we will push you hard and you’ll gain incredible experience and knowledge solving challenging software engineering projects.
As part of our accessibility commitment, We are committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants, and will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require.