Cara Operations Limited is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, Montana’s, Kelsey’s, Milestones, Prime Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group of Restaurants, Original Joe’s, State & Main, Elephant & Castle, New York Fries and St-Hubert. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Associates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – along with competitive compensation, we operate in a fast paced and energetic environment where effective team work and self-motivation to work independently are harmonious traits.
Director, Talent Management
The role of Director, Talent Management is an exceptional opportunity for a strategic senior business leader with significant talent management, learning and organizational development experience. This role supports the development, planning and implementation of Canada-wide initiatives encompassing aspects of talent management, learning, leadership and organizational development. Supporting Cara’s overall talent strategy, this position is responsible for the development and delivery of learning programs to support our stakeholders.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Provides vision, leadership and direction in the planning, development, implementation, and monitoring of learning strategic initiatives;
- Participates as an integral member of the Operations Excellence leadership team involved in driving Cara’s strategic direction forward;
- Provides leadership, coaching and mentoring support to Cara’s employees;
- Forecasts, monitors, approves and reports on various program budgets;
- Acts as the Cara representative at events such as meetings and negotiations with external vendors, speaking and participating at conferences, creating and maintaining strategic alliances, etc;
- Monitors internal/external trainers and training programs to ensure quality programs are developed and delivered in accordance with the company standards
- Provides regular executive progress reports;
- Develops proposals for new programs;
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with staff at all levels and in all areas of the organization;
- Analyzes organizational effectiveness and develops interventions and adhoc programs designed to address specific issues or concerns;
- Creates and facilitates programs to address the needs of the organization and develop effective leaders.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications & Candidate Profile
You are a talented, passionate leader with experience driving talent outcomes in fast-paced business environments. You have excellent people leadership skills, leveraging the capability of peers, business partners, and associates and influencing other leaders. You are a team player with strong communication, time management, and decision-making skills.
Specific desired experiences include:
- More than ten years of experience in HR
- A collaborative style of leading people- both direct reports and diverse functional teams
- Working in a fast paced, highly competitive environment where the focus is on striving for excellence and delighting the customer.
- Managing senior level stakeholders and influencing them both directly and remotely.
- Knowledge of ‘best in class’ innovative talent solutions that are leading edge, provide competitive advantage and focus on continuing to prove the way HR approaches, delivers and embeds talent.
Specific personal characteristics include:
- Intellectually rigorous and solutions focused and used to working with change and can push and challenge thinking around the talent agenda.
- Curious in style and approach whilst being strategically aligned and future focused.
- Very strong influencing skills at the executive level.
- Ability to form deep relationships fast, both within corporate office and across the business enterprise.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and be one step ahead in the thinking and decision making process.
- A highly creative approach to problem solving.
- Operate as a true team player with strong and effective business partnering skills.
- Operate in a highly collaborative and influential manner across the business.
- Possess high intellect and deep analytical skills to effectively measure outcomes and key critical business success factors aligned with the talent strategy.
- Action oriented individual who is decisive, pragmatic and highly credible.
- Ambitious individual with the drive and appetite to broaden and develop into other senior level roles in the business.
If you are the ideal candidate for this fantastic opportunity, please apply online today
As part of our accessibility commitment, there are alternative ways to interview with us. Please inform us if you require interview accommodation. CARA is an equal opportunity employer.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in opportunities with us. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted - no phone calls please.
At this time, we do not require assistance from recruitment agencies. Any candidates submitted via staffing and employment agencies will not be considered.