Cara Operations Limited is actively searching for a Human Resources Partner to join our HR Team located at our Home Office in Vaughan.
Come and be part of our exciting growth as we recruit for a dynamic, team oriented HR Partner to join our team!
The HR Partner is a critical role and one of the main contacts for all corporate Associates for all Human Resources support. The HR Partner provides various levels of HR support including guidance with people management, , Associate relations, policy implementation and interpretation, and ensures the effective implementation of all HR initiatives. This HR Generalist will work closely with all levels within the organization and the HR Team to assist leaders in making better decisions while maintaining CARA’s core values, principles and policies.
Tasks may include:
- Building strong relationships with client groups and Field Operations as the trusted source for all HR support – across multiple brands, multiple locations and across the country
- Provide coaching and counseling on performance management, provincial legislation, policies and procedures on all Associate relations issues
- Receive, investigate and manage Associate complaints through to resolution
- Participate in mediation, Ministry of Labour, and Human Rights Tribunal proceedings as required
- Prepare appropriate employee documentation including termination and disciplinary letters
- Provide Brand Operations and Home Office Shared Service Departments with HR support to effectively manage their people.
- Assist Brand Leaders in developing and executing Brand people objectives
- Provide both specific and general Human Resources support to Corporate operations by acting as an HR partner and assisting leaders with their own development by connecting with the appropriate subject matter experts as needed
- Support Field Operations
- Provide feedback and support to various levels of leadership, often taking opposing sides
- Influence leaders to make the right decision even if that is the harder decision to make
- Talent management and coaching Leaders on performance discussions
As the ideal candidate you will offer:
- Strong Employee Relations skills
- Minimum 3 years of front line HR experience in a true HR Partner role
- Initiative and resourcefulness (you don’t need close supervision)
- Dynamic, Team player with the ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent knowledge of employment/labour legislation
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and AODA
- Knowledge of practical and professional HR systems and processes
- Knowledge of HR professional standards/best practices
- Ensure adherence to all legislative and government guidelines
- Enjoys working with all levels of Management
- Customer service oriented, Professional and discrete, excellent communication skills
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrates a passion for the industry
- Able to handle multiple projects and move them along effectively
- Strong retail or hospitality experience an asset
As the selected candidate your responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Interested in this exciting opportunity? Apply in confidence today!
As part of our accessibility commitment, there are alternative ways to interview with us. Please inform us if you require interview accommodation.
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
At this time we do not require agency assistance.