SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
Cara Operations Limited is actively searching for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the Director Financial Reporting, the Senior Financial Analyst will provide support to the various CARA Home Office departments in the areas of financial reporting and budgeting. Areas of focus include monthly budget to actual reporting, analytical analysis, planning, and forecasting. The Senior Financial Analyst will prepare quarterly and annual financial statements, annual pension financial statements, period reporting including the preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Execution of the financial close process, including processing of month end journal entries, reconciliation of corporate balance sheet accounts, and preparation of monthly reporting packages;
- Preparation of annual and quarterly consolidated financial statements, including statement of cash flows, note disclosure, and analyze results;
- Preparation of variance analysis of the various overhead department profit and loss statements;
- Preparation of reports to senior management and to the board of directors;
- Provide analysis and recommendations regarding new accounting policies and changes;
- Special projects on an as needed basis for the Corporate Finance Group;
- Maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements;
- Support quarterly review and year-end audit activities of external auditors;
- Preparation of annual pension financial statements;
- Manage and meeting tight financial reporting deadlines (period end, year-end etc);
- Obtaining timely and accurate data for analysis;
- Work is performed in a typical office environment;
- Frequent conflicting work demands from multiple sources;
- Frequent periods of concentration to analyze requirements and identify options and solutions;
- Occasional unexpected work demands, changes to deadlines on short notice and tight time pressures.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in progressive financial positions;
- Accounting designation of CPA;
- Past experience with a CPA firm will be considered an asset;
- Experience in preparing Financial Statements;
- Knowledge of JD Edwards financial system would be an asset;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with advanced proficiency in Excel;
- Well organized, detail orientated, strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, please apply online today.