CARA Operations Limited continues to grow! We are currently searching for a Senior Tax Analyst to join our team.
The Sr. Tax Analyst is a ‘hands on’ Tax Specialist that will contribute significant expertise to the tax function including tax compliance, tax provisions, tax research and planning for Cara. The Sr. Tax Analyst will be responsible to contribute to a variety of functions including month end, quarter end, and year-end processes, while maintaining and implementing the company’s legislative and regulatory compliance requirements.
As the ideal candidate your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to)
- Manage tight public company filings and reporting deadlines
- Stay abreast of tax developments and advise the organization of potential impact
- Identify and minimize commodity tax risk and exposure on an on-going basis
- Key role in ensuring company’s legislative and regulatory compliance framework and programs are developed, implemented and maintained.
- Assist with the quarter end and year-end tax processes including income tax filings, liaising with the company’s independent tax auditors and responding to year-end schedules requests.
- Prepare tax provisions on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Prepare annual income tax filings
- Assist in preparing responses to inquiries for federal and provincial income tax and commodity tax audits.
- Assist in annual income tax budgeting process
- Monitor tax developments and provide guidance as to the potential impact on Cara and its business.
- Provide general tax advice and expertise as required.
- Review monthly commodity tax remittances
- Monitor commodity tax accounts
- Reviews notices of assessment and reassessment
- Act as a liaison between Cara and CRA/Revenu Quebec
- Assist with inter-corporate allocations and transfer pricing documentation
What you will offer in this role:
- University education in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or other related area.
- Accounting designation, CPA
- The completion of the CICA’s in depth tax course would be an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years in progressively tax positions
- Bilingual (French and English) would be an asset
- Ability to provide tax advice to the business
- Strong tax technical skills (both income and commodity taxes)
- Previous experience with IFRS standards an asset
- Previous experience with multiple legal entity and multi-divisional corporate structures.
- Previous experience with Transfer pricing experience is an asset
- Proficiency in the use of tax preparation software (TaxPrep)
- Knowledge of JD Edwards financial system would be an asset.
- Foundational competencies in professional, technical, control of finance and business operations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Well organized, strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, please apply today
As part of our accessibility commitment, We are committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants, and will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with us however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.
At this time, we do not require assistance from recruitment agencies. Any candidates submitted via staffing and employment agencies will not be considered.