Welcome to the Roadhouse, re-invented. We’re about fresh ingredients prepared in-house, always indulging outrageously, and never letting a road trip become a guilt trip. We’re about making every journey better and every plate a delicious one.
Ready to hit the road at the Original Roadhouse?
Kelseys Queensway in Etobicoke Is Now Hiring a Kitchen Manager
- Responsible for timely progress through the Restaurant Leader Certification Program, taking on additional responsibilities as learning and skill enhancements happen
- Assists in the day-to-day leadership and management of a Kelseys restaurant as directed by the General Manager (GM)
- Accountable for key financials and KPI's in partnership with the management team
- Develops the ability to effectively run culinary operations and lead all shifts to Brand standard
- As a fully trained Kitchen Manager, supports the GM in all aspects of operating a "Benchmark Restaurant" to Brand standard, creating a perfect guest experience every time while focusing on on-going associate development
- Food Quality
- Standards and Controls
- Food and Labour Costs
- People Development
- Manage food inventory and culinary labour costs
- Prepare culinary team schedules to meet the needs of the restaurant and budget guidelines
- Oversee the training and development of the kitchen team, ensuring continuous improvement in culinary skills
- Ensure consistency of quality, portion control and plating presentation
- Ensure recipe adherence in kitchen execution of all products served
- Oversee adherence to legislative and food handling requirements
- Implement and adhere to the Health and Safety policies and procedures outlined in the Health and Safety Program
- Minimum 2-3 years management experience working in a high-volume casual dining restaurant
- Post-secondary education, preferably in hospitality and/or business related field
- Strong business acumen, including an understanding of budgets and operating costs
- Excellent knowledge of food, food handling and preparation
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and direct others
As part of our accessibility commitment, there are alternative ways to interview with us. Please inform us if you require interview accommodation.
Please note that any offer of employment may be subject to reference checks and background checks, including a criminal record check as part of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- ROADHOUSE PERKS:
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive wages
- A complimentary Management Meal during every shift
- 20% employee discount dining card valid at all Cara brands
- Growth and advancement opportunities within the restaurant
- Career advancement opportunities in a company that has more than 700 restaurants across Canada