Cara Operations Limited is searching for a Corporate Sales Manager for our Bier Markt Restaurant in the Ottawa Market.
The Manager, Sales & Special Events is responsible for developing strategies and initiatives to generate large group sales (defined as 20 or more people or parties with a spend of $1,000+) and marketing tactics to drive overall sales.
- Develop and apply Private Dining and Group Sales strategies and initiatives
- Application of sales strategies and initiatives, including the development of sales materials where needed.
- Trackable outreach goals by week/month via cold calling, networking, social media and events with the intent to develop large party sales
- Build and maintain Bier Markt database outlining previous agreements, minimum spends, Guest preferences, processes, documentations, etc.
Oversee & manage all Private Dining and Group Sales inquiries and bookings
- Respond to RFP (Request for Proposal) within 48 hours
- Advise on all clients needs such as: menu and beverage selection, dietary needs/exceptions, décor, special requests, and event flow
- Work with Reservations Coordinator to prepare & draft written agreements outlining occasion elements; including but not limited to, minimum spends, food and beverage commitments, band bookings and drink tickets
- As the face of Bier Markt, follow-up with event organizers to thank them or to recover them, should their party not have met their expectations
- Work closely with the Reservations Coordinator, General Manager & Chef to execute corporate and large party private dining events
- Aid in recruitment and selection of dedicated Reservations Coordinator
- Create, update and maintain all reservation & host reference materials including group functions and procedures
- Champion national, regional and local store marketing initiatives
- Work closely with the GM’s to communicate local and national promotion details to management team, FOH and BOH teams
- Ensure the Sales Plan calendar is followed, on track and events are promoted 3 weeks prior to the date
- Manage and lead in-store events while allocating resources within budget guidelines
- Build Awareness Outside the 4 Walls
- Create and maintain Trade Area Survey by identifying potential sales building opportunities with the businesses and organizations in the local community
- Evaluate developments and events in the community and identify areas of opportunity
- Initiate relationships with potential new Guests and build relationships with existing Guests through routine personal contact and follow-up
- Actively seek and create opportunities to build awareness of Bier Markt programs and events through connecting and building relationships with organizations in the community through “showing up”, participating in sponsorships, community involvement, media relations and charity work
- Work with graphic designers and printers to create materials needed to promote the business inside and outside the 4 walls
As the ideal candidate you will offer the following skills and abilities:
- Energetic, self starter and team player
- Competitive and motivated individual
- Post secondary education in marketing or sales an asset
- Minimum one-year experience in a full service restaurant/bar environment
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Strong organization and computer skills
- Event planning experience an asset
- Loves connecting with people and building relationships
- Must have own vehicle
- Must be comfortable working in 4 unique environments: corporate office setting, upscale dining restaurant, kitchen environment and on-the-road
If you are interested in joining our team please apply online today, we would love to hear from you!
As part of our accessibility commitment, there are always alternative ways to interview with us, please let us know if you require interview accommodation.
Please note that an offer of employment may be subject to reference checks and background checks, including a criminal record check as part of the selection process
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with us however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.
We do not require agency assistance at this time.