Cara Operations Limited is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, Montana’s, Kelsey’s, Milestones, Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group, New York Fries, St-Hubert, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Associates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – along with competitive compensation, we operate in a fast paced and energetic environment where effective team work and self-motivation to work independently are harmonious traits.
Cara offers a great open office work environment, with a competitive salary, group benefits, subsidized bistro, on site gym facilities and a 20% discount to most of our restaurants.
We are looking for a new Real Estate Analyst to join our Real Estate team in Vaughan ON.
Key Duties and Responsibilities Include:
CAM and Taxes:
Real Estate Finance
- Audit of CAM and Tax reconciliations for all locations under the CARA Portfolio
- Review, identify, pursue Landlords in irregularities in the billing process; reconciling complex Statements of Accounts provided by the Landlord for the Rental properties
- Develop and Maintain goal post matrices for Additional Rent structuring around CARA’s acceptable GROC %
- Review Leases for all locations to ensure compliance with the Leases in the calculations of CAM costs, Property maintenance issues, Roof & building repair and Franchisee/Landlord responsibilities in the operations of the building/plaza
- Developing a thorough and nimble process of recovering overbillings by the Landlord and ensuring compliance with Lease, while leveraging timely payments of billings and Rental Structures
- Liaise with Legal Real Estate in developing and establishing a disciplined Lease Structure for Landlord responsibilities in the billings of Property Taxes, Common Area Maintenance and Building R&M
Managing Third Party Consultants
- Prepare annual budgets for Additional Rents for all CARA sites
- Minimum Rent Discrepancies and settlements
- Ensure proper budgeting for changes to Property Assessments and predicting Supplementary Taxes at existing locations, new builds.
- Validate and Balance Landlord Statement of Accounts and ensure correct allocations to the amounts paid to the Landlords.
- Negotiate contracts with third party Lease consultants and Property Tax consultants with the intention to maximize benefit and favourable rates to CARA and Franchise while receiving first in class nationwide consulting on Property Tax
- Liaise with the third party consultants on questions surrounding the portfolio and act as first point of contact
- Communication - Ability to provide both clear written skills as well as verbally communicate clearly and confidently in a timely manner to senior management, property owners and franchisees.
- Problem Solving - Seek appropriate support to trouble shoot complicated issues in a timely manner, multi task, detail oriented, project management
- Bring possible solutions - Interpret information thoroughly and effectively.
- Initiative - Proactive with day-to-day work, anticipate issues and monitor deadlines, act in a self-directed manner, motivated and team player
- Accountability - Take responsibility and ownership of all deadlines and critical renewal notice dates.
As part of our accessibility commitment, We are committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants, and will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require - just let us know.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with us however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.
At this time, we do not require assistance from recruitment agencies. Any candidates submitted via staffing and employment agencies will not be considered.