Cara Operations Limited is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, Montana’s, Kelsey’s, Milestones, Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group, New York Fries, St-Hubert, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Associates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – along with competitive compensation, we operate in a fast paced and energetic environment where effective team work and self-motivation to work independently are harmonious traits.
Cara offers a great open office work environment, with a competitive salary, group benefits, subsidized bistro, on site gym facilities and a 20% discount to most of our restaurants.
Cara Digital is growing again! We are looking for a new Graphic and Motion Designer to join our Digital Marketing and Creative Team here in Vaughan ON.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Marketing & Creative, this person would work on creating digital content for eight national restaurant brands including Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, East Side Mario’s, New York Fries and many more! You would be responsible for creating commercials, banner ads, email campaigns, social media video ads, print design and any digital assets requested by our brands.
- Work with the brand teams to conception to completion. This includes following our existing briefing process, gathering assets, ideating new ideas and delivering approved assets on time.
- Design all social media, email, display and online assets as requested by our brand, for multiple platforms and browsers
- Create designs that are consistent with our brand guidelines including look, feel and tone
- Present final designs to brand leaders and senior leadership with confidence and clarity
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2-4 years’ of full-time motion graphic design experience working in an agency or corporate role
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign) and bonus points for 3D software
- Experience creating rich media assets including videos, GIFs, cinemagraphs, stop-motions
- Knowledge of web design process and best practices, including image optimization, responsive design, basic HTML and CSS
- Knowledgeable of all social platforms, sizes and aspect ratios for web
- Intermediate typography and illustration skills
- Ability to take on multiple projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
As part of our accessibility commitment, We are committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants, and will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with us however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.
At this time, we do not require assistance from recruitment agencies. Any candidates submitted via staffing and employment agencies will not be considered.