CARA Operations is looking for a Service Desk Analyst to join our IT Service Desk team in Vaughan ON for a 12 month contract!
The Service Desk Analyst (Level 1) will be part of the Cara IT Service Desk team and will work closely with all Cara brand Restaurant Operations to provide support to their back of the house computers and POS/Payment systems, Phone/Internet connectivity, and back office software. In addition, the Service Desk Analyst will provide Level 1 technical support and troubleshooting to systems users at Cara head office in Vaughan. The Cara Service Desk team is operational 22 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 364 days a year. The candidate will be required to work rotating shifts as part of the Service Desk team scheduling requirements. The Cara Service Desk Analyst (Level 1) is the first point of contact for the Cara restaurants and systems users and as such, excellent communication skills and a service-minded mentality are critical for success in this role.
- Understand & troubleshoot customer issues. Provide operational, application and technical support via the phone and dial-in capability to our Cara restaurants.
- Follow-up with external service providers and other IT functional departments until call resolution is achieved. Update customers on call status accordingly.
- Work both as a part of the IT team and closely with Restaurant Operations team to provide accurate and timely information regarding systems concerns.
- Log and monitor all incoming calls via the phone and internet
- Quickly become proficient with the various Cara POS, back office systems and restaurant applications.
- Follow-up with customers on service satisfaction.
- Provide back up Support to other IT functions.
- Update the Cara knowledge base.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues arising from the restaurants and corporate users.
- Escalate issues as necessary within IT, Operations or external vendors.
- Follow set Cara procedures, policies and operating pinnacles.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong customer service focus.
- Well-developed problem solving, Analytical skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 2003 or Windows XP.
- Experienced using Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- A+ certification and Network+ certification is ideal.
- Able to troubleshoot and search for solutions through available tools, internet, knowledge base, manuals, etc.
- Knowledge of computer architecture and Networking.
- Experience with Call Tracking Software such as Cherwell, ITSM is an asset.
- Experience with communications software such as Remote Ware is an asset.
- Experience with Point of Sale hardware, software, menu management support such as IBM, HP and Micros is an asset.
- Experience troubleshooting Wi-Fi issues.
- Strong computer background with the ability to learn and master new software and to pass along this knowledge to others.
- Motivated to learn and grow with the organization.
- Restaurant operations experience an asset.
- Good typing skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Billingual English / French is an asset
- This position requires shift flexibility including possible evenings, weekends and overnight shifts.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, please apply today - no phone calls please
As part of our accessibility commitment, we are committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants, and will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require.
Please note that an offer of employment may be subject to reference checks and background checks, including a criminal record check as part of the selection process
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with us however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.
At this time, we do not require assistance from recruitment agencies. Any candidates submitted via staffing and employment agencies will not be considered.