Fionn MacCool's is looking for a General Manager in our Brampton location!
Rich in heritage and tradition, vibrant in culture, generous in hospitality and with a social spirit. We make the pub guest feel welcome and offer our unique combination of great food, beverage and live music. Our menu is driven by made-in-pub food, offering a balance between traditional Pub fare and innovative recipes. We offer a diverse selection of perfectly poured pints, whiskeys, hand-crafted cocktails and premium wines. It’s more than you would expect from a typical pub, and so we are seeking more than just your typical people.
- Pub financials and recommendations of action towards profit management, achievement of budgets, sales building and scheduling
- Ensure completion of accurate and timely periodic financial statements for restaurant with the corporate accountant
- Oversee hiring and the ongoing development of the Management team (ongoing feedback, coaching and Performance Reviews)
- Assist in recruitment for hiring new staff and final interviews
- Encourage and perpetuate the pub culture through effective leadership
- Oversee the execution of front line training and marketing programs
- Oversee the strict application of pub principles and standards to improve guest experience
- Ensure pub adheres to all legislative and government guidelines (i.e. proper safe food and beverage service, AGCO, Occupational Health & Safety Act, WHMIS, Human Rights Code, Employment Standards, etc.)
- Minimum 3-5 years management experience working in a high-volume dining restaurant; previous management experience in a pub environment is a definite asset!
- Post-Secondary education, preferably in hospitality and/or business related field
- Strong business acumen, including an understanding of budgets and operating costs
- Extensive knowledge of pub operations, food and beverage
- Ability and commitment to deliver an authentic Irish Pub experience
- Demonstrate ability to motivate and direct others
- Understanding pub culture and the ability to transfer this into behavior for all employees
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines
- Understands the pub guest across all day and night parts
Interested? If your skills and career goals match what we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you! Apply onlilne today
As part of our accessibility commitment, there are alternative ways to interview with us. Please inform us if you require interview accommodation.
Please note that any offer of employment may be subject to reference checks and background checks, including a criminal record check as part of the selection process
Some opportunities may exist with our Franchise partners which are independently owned and operated.