Recipe Unlimited Corporation (former Cara Operations Limited) is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, Montana’s, Kelsey’s, Milestones, Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group, New York Fries, St-Hubert, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Associates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – along with competitive compensation, we operate in a fast paced and energetic environment where effective team work and self-motivation to work independently are harmonious traits. Senior Full-Stack Developer
Does contributing to a large-scale e-commerce platform, supporting millions of guests, thousands of orders per day and millions of site visits and page views sound interesting? You will apply cutting-edge development technologies to solve hard-core scale and integration problems and build high-demand, multi-threaded e-commerce applications. You will apply your existing development knowledge to a large-scale real-time e-commerce platform through the design, implementation and support of new and existing e-commerce features.
- Work collaboratively with team members to clarify business requirements, create comprehensive and viable designs with effort estimations.
- Develop and enhance CARA’s distributed order management system
- Develop custom PHP applications on MySQL in a LAMP environment
- Implementation of business logic in Java as a part of the overall e-commerce platform.
- Creating documentation for new features and application changes
- Supporting our QA team in testing your features formally (test scenarios) as well as informally.
- Working with our infrastructure team to debug issues as they arise in production.
- Innovating new solutions and researching new technologies that may complement CARA’s e-commerce site
- We work in an aggressive, energetic and sometimes frantic environment where exceptional coders thrive. It’s not for the meek here, but if you have what it takes, we will push you hard and you’ll gain incredible experience and knowledge solving challenging software engineering projects.
- Strong command of English, both written and spoken.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Experience working with relational and noSQL databases.
- Strong knowledge of REST web services implementation.
- Strong knowledge of JWT and API security models.
- Hands-on knowledge on DevOps methodologies and tools like SVN/GIT, Jenkins, JIRA, confluence, various monitoring/alerting tools.
- Comfort with agile development.
- Proficiency with version control, unit testing, and collaborative development.
- Familiar with most of the following: PHP, MySQL, Node.js, Laravel, Docker, Nginx, Git, Redis, Memcached, Casandra, elasticsearch, mongoDB, RabbitMQ
- Past experience or familiarity with architectural patterns of large, high-scale web or mobile applications
- Linux and Apache experience
- Strong experience with database design and must be comfortable writing SQL queries.
- Experience with high-performance, multi-threaded or distributed computing environments a plus.
- Must be able to take initiative on projects and proactively offer suggestions and/or resolutions.
- Creative thinker, proactive, team player, and success-oriented who delivers on commitments.
- Understanding of Linux Operating Systems and Linux internals
- Experience in systems management or software development with systems management responsibilities
- Experience as a Release Engineer, Database Administrator, or Senior Systems Administrator, preferably in a LAMP environment
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile software methodologies
- WordPress experience
- Specific experience with Amazon Web Services such as EBS, EC2, RDS, Route53, S3, VPCWeb application performance tuning (Apache, nginx) and experience building or managing applications from the Application layer down
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices and system security policy management experience for cloud based deployments
- Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Docker or similar build automation / deployment experience
- Experience with VPN, Load Balancing, SSH, Network Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools
- Experience with implementing AEM solutions, including experience with key Adobe CQ/AEM APIs and functionality, such as sites, Apps, Assets, Forms, and Commerce and building and testing Adobe CQ/AEM components
Cara offers a great open office work environment, with a competitive salary, group benefits, subsidized bistro, on site gym facilities and a 20% discount to most of our restaurants.
As part of our accessibility commitment, We are committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants, and will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with us however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.