Recipe Unlimited Corporation (formerly Cara Operations Limited) is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, Montana’s, Kelsey’s, Milestones, Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group, New York Fries, St-Hubert, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Associates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – along with competitive compensation, we operate in a fast paced and energetic environment where effective team work and self-motivation to work independently are harmonious traits.
We are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager part of our Construction team.
The Senior Project Manager, Construction is responsible for planning, directing, managing and provides
oversight of assigned new development and renovations projects to ensure that Recipe goals and
objectives are accomplished within prescribed schedule and budget parameters. Effectively communicating
with internal stakeholders, consultants, Landlords, technical staff, contractors and management. Provides
internal and external coordination and collaboration with project partners and stakeholders. This position
will assist in the management of key initiatives and projects. The position requires considerable judgment
and latitude in performing job duties, and is expected to function effectively with minimal to moderate direct
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Coordinating ground up construction, major renovations, and conversion projects for Recipe branded restaurant concepts
- Managing general contractors, consultants, vendors, and suppliers
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget, ensure that proper invoice and cost
tracking is maintained throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Ensuring engineering, architectural, and design activities are completed accurately and in a
- Developing a construction schedule and accurate budget for each construction project
- Manage building permits and site approvals process, coordination with Landlord in delivery of
base building and/or building pad
- Manage the tendering process, analysis and recommendation
- Coordinating equipment delivery and construction schedules
- Establishing and monitoring of budgets and adherence of variance controls
- Manage site communications and issue resolution. Major strengths will be around
communications to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Overseeing construction and conducting periodic site inspections to ensure quality, timing, and
adherence to standards
- Liaising with various internal contacts including Design and Construction, Restaurant
Operations, Supply Chain, Real Estate, Franchising, and Legal Departments to ensure projects
are completed as per plan. Liaising with Franchisee’s through the construction process.
- Manage day-to-day work on projects in construction phases; coordinate and make
recommendations regarding status of work.
- Minimum 10 years in contruction management experience is required
- Previous retail and/or restaurant project manager experience or equivalent
- Technical degree in the construction field (i.e. P.Eng, CET, B. Arch) is required
- PMP certification is an asset
- Advanced organization skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Contract negotiation and management skills
- Ability to manage strict capital expenditures
- Ability to negotiate with contractors and landlords on cost of work and timelines
- Attention to detail, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to mentor PM’s around them (training, leadership, methodology, tools, people skills and navigating policies
- Solid grasp of basic and advanced project management principles, ability to contribute to
- continuous improvement to drive high-performance
- Ability to understand the business need for each project and make on-going decisions based on
- what’s best for the organization
- Role model for integrity, taking the initiative to ensure projects are always being ran effectively and
- with proper governance.
- Self-directed and able to function with ease as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external resources.
- Technically astute and strategic in thinking.
- Strong interpersonal skills along with excellent written and verbal communication
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, and Microsoft Office tools, and some knowledge of applicable project management software.
Overall Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in a typical office environment
- 49% Travel required
- Frequent conflicting work demands from multiple sources
- Frequent periods of concentration to analyze requirements and identify options and solutions
- Occasional unexpected work demands, changes to deadlines on short notice and tight time pressures
What we offer you
- A welcoming, fun and safe work environment
- A workplace founded on respect
- Opportunities to be a valuable member of a close-knit team
- A strong and effective training program
- A supporting and encouraging Leadership team
- Potential for personal development
- Career opportunities within a leading Canadian Company
Recipe Corporation Unlimited/Cara offers a great open office work environment, with a competitive salary, group benefits for full time salaried employees, and a 20% discount to most of our restaurants.
As part of our accessibility commitment, We are committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants, and will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with us however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.
At this time, we do not require assistance from recruitment agencies. Any candidates submitted via staffing and employment agencies will not be considered.