WE HAVE PURPOSE!
Why do we get out of bed in the morning to come here? What do we offer the world? What would be lost if the Bier Markt didn't exist?
At the Bier Markt, we believe BIER IS ART and when PAIRED WITH FOOD it unlocks a new experience. We call it the GUIDED JOURNEY and it is the GIFT we share with the WORLD.
We stay true to our purpose by living these four core values:
1. Be curious & creative
2. Choose quality
3. Respect the art of the Bier
4. Work as 1 team
So what are we looking for?
- As the Chef, you are at the heart of our from scratch kitchen
- You are responsible for striving to become an employer of choice for your team. You will work towards this by communicating, coaching, and becoming a role model
- You will manage the cilinary budget. This will include managing food inventories through weekly counts and analysis, participating in sales projections and labour allocation and strict control of direct operating expenses
- You will be a big part of delivering memorable experiences to our Guests. You will do this by monitoring food quality closely and helping to create memorable moments whenever you can
- You will be a great operator by operating a safe kitchen for your team and Guest
What makes you the right person?
- Passion for food
What do we need from you?
- A proven track record of being a great Leader of People
- A reputation of being a good person
- Diploma in Culinary Management or culinary accreditation is preferred
- Extensive restaurant operational knowledge
- Moderate knowledge of food and labour cost management
- Enthusiasm for Bier is appreciated here (if you don't have it yet...that's okay too- you must be curious about Bier though and have the ability to respect it)
- Excellent communication skills
- 3-5 years of operational experience in a high volume restaurant
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity please apply online today.
As part of our accessibility commitment, there are alternative ways to interview with us. Please inform us if you require interview accommodation.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in opportunities with us. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.