Recipe Unlimited Corporation (formerly Cara Operations Limited) is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, Montana’s, Kelsey’s, Milestones, Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group, New York Fries, St-Hubert, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Associates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – along with competitive compensation, we operate in a fast paced and energetic environment where effective team work and self-motivation to work independently are harmonious traits.
What is this job?:
Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and processing of bi-weekly payrolls for Associates across provinces; while adhering to legislative requirements and company policy. Provide excellent customer service when responding to internal and external queries.
What will you be doing?:
- Process bi-weekly payrolls for hourly, salaried, union, and non-union Associates
- Review and balance Time and Attendance
- Audit payroll information entered through MSS to ensure accuracy
- Ensure completeness of Associates information and documentation received (including all payroll related forms and change requests)
- Enter payroll information into the payroll system (Ceridian) in a timely manner to meet bi-weekly payroll processing timelines
- Produce Records of Employment using Web ROE ensuring government regulations are met
- Prepare bi-weekly and month-end reports/remittances and ensure timely remittances to the respective authorities
- Process bi-weekly payroll journal entries in JD Edwards financial system
- Prepare off-cycle payments such as EFT and manual cheques, and maintain year-to-date entries
- Assist in the year-end processing of T4/T4A/RL-1, and the balancing and reconciling of government remittances
- Liaise with other departments on payroll-related issues and queries
- Investigate and resolve payroll issues / concerns raised by Associates / Managers in a prompt and professional manner
- Maintain Associates payroll files according to retention guidelines
- Ensure confidentially of payroll information
- Keep current with government legislative and tax changes as applicable
- Act as a backup to other Payroll Administrators as required
What are we looking for from you?
- Level 2 Canadian Payroll or Payroll Compliance Practitioner certification coupled with 3+ years of experience in a payroll environment
- Working experience with Ceridian
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Fast-learner and able to work with different systems
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple request while maintaining deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced constantly changing environment
- Ability to prioritize and organize time effectively to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information and issues with tact and diplomacy
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
What we offer you:
- A welcoming, fun and safe work environment
- A workplace founded on respect
- Opportunities to be a valuable member of a close-knit team
- A strong and effective training program
- A supporting and encouraging Leadership team
- Potential for personal development
- Career opportunities within a leading Canadian Company
Recipe Corporation Unlimited/Cara offers a great open office work environment, with a competitive salary, group benefits for full time salaried employees, and a 20% discount to most of our restaurants.
As part of our accessibility commitment, We are committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants, and will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with us however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.