RECIPE Unlimited Corporation (formerly Cara Operations Limited) is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, Montana’s, Kelsey’s, Milestones, Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group, New York Fries, St-Hubert, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Associates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – along with competitive compensation, we operate in a fast paced and energetic environment where effective team work and self-motivation to work independently are harmonious traits.
Reporting to the Director, IT Operations, the Senior Network Engineer will oversee the maintenance, development and improvement of Recipe’s IT networks. The successful candidate should have excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of traditional,public cloud network architecture and LAN, WAN & SD-WAN architecture design and administration.
The Sr. Network Administrator will work full-time business hours, with extended hours as required along with being on-call 24x7.
What will be your major tasks?:
- Configuration and maintenance of network infrastructure
- Manage, troubleshoot and configure switches, routers, firewalls and other key network infrastructure devices
- Analyze network traffic flows to ensure optimal performance
- Ensure security and privacy at the network level
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance
- Maintain change records of maintenance, repairs and fixes
- Identify network equipment for replacement, recommend upgrade, decommissioning or migration to cloud
- Maintain monitoring tools and related systems
- <reporting and analytics>
What are we looking for from you?
- 3-5 years experience working with wireless and wired networking technologies (e.g. Routers, Switches, Firewall, UTM devices, Access Points) supporting 3-5 years experience in large scale, branch and central office environments with data centre, WAN, VPN deployments
- Experience with Cisco Meraki, Avaya/Extreme Networks switching, RadWare LinkProof and Checkpoint firewalls is highly desirable
- Able to troubleshoot and search for solutions through available tools, internet, knowledge base, manuals
- Thorough knowledge of OSI 7-Layer model, IPv4/v6, routing, networking protocols, network security and performance optimization
- Thorough knowledge of networking architecture design, including practical application of networking in the public cloud (e.g. AWS)
- Industry certification such as CCNE, CCNA, CCIE, CCNP desired
- Experience with and configuration of network monitoring and management tools is essential
- Restaurant/Retail (POS, WAN, Back office) industry experience is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience or understanding of log analysis systems (e.g. Elastic.co, Splunk)
- Motivated to learn and grow with the organization
- Experience with the Google Suite of applications
What we offer you:
- A welcoming, fun and safe work environment
- A workplace founded on respect
- Opportunities to be a valuable member of a close-knit team
- A strong and effective training program
- A supporting and encouraging Leadership team
- Potential for personal development
- Career opportunities within a leading Canadian Company
Recipe/Cara offers a great open office work environment, with a competitive salary, group benefits, subsidized bistro, on site gym facilities and a 20% discount to most of our restaurants.
As part of our accessibility commitment, We are committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants, and will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with us however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.