RECIPE Unlimited Corporation (formerly Cara Operations Limited) is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, Montana’s, Kelsey’s, Milestones, Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group, New York Fries, St-Hubert, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Associates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – along with competitive compensation, we operate in a fast paced and energetic environment where effective team work and self-motivation to work independently are harmonious traits.
Reporting to the Director, IT Operations, the Senior Cloud Operations Administrator will oversee and participate in the migration, growth, maintenance and governance of Recipe’s cloud infrastructure.
The successful candidate should have a solid background in both traditional compute/data-centre architecture, operations and administration and hybrid/public-cloud architecture, experience in migration of workloads and services from traditional to public cloud, and practical experience in applying methods of scalability, security and redundancy to cloud infrastructure. Experience with automation and container technologies is desirable.
The Sr. Cloud Operations Administrator will work full-time, business hours with extended hours as required along with being on-call 24x7.
What will you be doing in this role?:
- Design, implement, and deploy well architected AWS and GCP based workloads from initial design through development, testing, and deployment.
- Participate in architectural discussions & requirements gathering to ensure customer success on the AWS platform
- Ensure ongoing efficient, cost-effective utilization of the AWS platform through auto-scaling and capacity planning.
- Collaborate with other Infrastructure team members, Development and QA to maintain and execute the deployment strategy.
- Participate in building and maintaining a resilient, secure, and efficient infrastructure to support Recipe applications and services.
- Automate deployment, monitoring, management and incident response
- Monitor stability and performance and respond to site issues
- Troubleshoot application integration issues with development teams
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Recommend and implement network architecture and performance improvements
- Remain up to date on new technologies and participate in evaluations
- Follow set Recipe procedures and policies
What are we looking for from you?
- Minimum 2-3 years experience supporting and operating production infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform, and relevant components. A relevant AWS Associate or Professional certification is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of Google Cloud Platform desirable
- Migration of traditional workloads and infrastructure to the cloud
- Solid understanding of auto-scaling and associated technologies (Auto-scaling groups, network and application load balancers)
- Strong Linux system administration and troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of networking concepts and implementation
- Good working knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl, Bash)
- Able to troubleshoot and search for solutions through available tools, knowledge base, manuals
- Experience with and configuration of network monitoring and management tools
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools is desirable (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Motivated to learn and grow with the organization
- Experience with the Google Suite of applications
- Experience with CI/CD platforms (E.g. Jenkins) is an asset.
- Experience with container technology (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience or understanding of log analysis systems (e.g. Elastic, Splunk)
- Restaurant/Retail industry information technology (POS, WAN, back office) experience is an asset.
What we offer you:
- A welcoming, fun and safe work environment
- A workplace founded on respect
- Opportunities to be a valuable member of a close-knit team
- A strong and effective training program
- A supporting and encouraging Leadership team
- Potential for personal development
- Career opportunities within a leading Canadian Company
Recipe/Cara offers a great open office work environment, with a competitive salary, group benefits, subsidized bistro, on site gym facilities and a 20% discount to most of our restaurants.
As part of our accessibility commitment, We are committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants, and will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with us however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.