RECIPE Unlimited Corporation (formerly Cara Operations Limited) is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, Montana’s, Kelsey’s, Milestones, Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group, New York Fries, St-Hubert, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Associates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – along with competitive compensation, we operate in a fast paced and energetic environment where effective team work and self-motivation to work independently are harmonious traits.
This role is responsible for ensuring the effective operation of various Restaurant systems, including development and design of various programs, administration and management of current users and systems, troubleshooting and resolution for any faults. You will also be responsible for recommending system modifications and upgrades, as well as preparing reports for distribution to key stakeholders.
What are the tasks in this job?
- Assist in the design, specification, installation, configuration and maintenance of the Restaurant Systems Infrastructure (Micros & myMicros)
- Ensure effective operation of the Restaurant Systems Infrastructure, including design, user administration, fault finding, communications software, interconnectivity, and development
- Partner with system support, Brand representatives, suppliers and contractors concerning new and existing systems
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of POS system terminal and server images and integration with Data Centre management systems
- Evaluate the performance of various equipment to determine their suitability for specific applications
- Prepare reports and make presentations on I.T/Systems recommendations to key stakeholders
- Represent Cara at both internal and external meetings
- Ensure the installation and maintenance of the Restaurant Systems Infrastructure is in compliance with Provincial/Federal legislation, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards and organizational Policies
- Adhere to company standards, guidelines and working practices regarding security, system back-up, installation, configuration, system administration, and data protection legislation
What are we looking for from you?
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma
- Candidates with programming experience such as in C-Sharp will be preferred
- Minimum 2 years related experience in Computer Systems
- Knowledge of Restaurant POS systems (minimum 2 years)
- Proficient in configuring and maintaining Windows within network environment
- Experience with developing processes and procedures for service-related/technical tasks
- Experience with PC and Server Imaging and Networking
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Strong knowledge of Visual Basic .NET and Visual Basic 6, SQL Server databases, SQL, Windows OS, Crystal Reports
- Experience with virtualization solutions such as VMWare/HyperV preferred but not required
- Advanced Micros and myMicros Knowledge preferred but not required
What we offer you:
- A welcoming, fun and safe work environment
- A workplace founded on respect
- Opportunities to be a valuable member of a close-knit team
- A strong and effective training program
- A supporting and encouraging Leadership team
- Potential for personal development
- Career opportunities within a leading Canadian Company
Recipe/Cara offers a great open office work environment, with a competitive salary, group benefits, subsidized bistro, on site gym facilities and a 20% discount to most of our restaurants.
As part of our accessibility commitment, We are committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants, and will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with us however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.