RECIPE Unlimited Corporation (formerly Cara Operations Limited) is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, Montana’s, Kelsey’s, Milestones, Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group, New York Fries, St-Hubert, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Associates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – along with competitive compensation, we operate in a fast paced and energetic environment where effective team work and self-motivation to work independently are harmonious traits.
Recipe Unlimited Corporation (formerly CARA Operations) is actively searching for a Human Resources Partner to join our HR Team located at our Home Office in Vaughan.
Come and be part of our exciting growth as we recruit for a dynamic, team oriented HR Partner to join our team!
The HR Partner is a critical role and one of the main contacts for all corporate Associates for all Human Resources support. The HR Business Partner provides various levels of HR support including guidance with people management, Associate relations, policy implementation and interpretation, and ensures the effective implementation of all HR initiatives. This HR Generalist will work closely with all levels within the organization and the HR Team to assist leaders in making better decisions while maintaining Recipe’s core values, principles and policies.
Tasks will include:
- Building strong relationships with client groups and field operations as the trusted source for all HR support – across multiple brands, multiple locations and across the country
- Provide coaching and counseling on performance management, provincial legislation, policies and procedures on all Associate relations issues
- Receive, investigate and manage Associate complaints through to resolution
- Participate in mediation, Ministry of Labour, and Human Rights Tribunal proceedings as required
- Prepare appropriate employee documentation including termination and disciplinary letters
- Provide Brand Operations and Home Office Shared Service Departments with HR support to effectively manage their people
- Assist Brand Leaders in developing and executing Brand people objectives
- Provide both specific and general Human Resources support to Corporate operations by acting as an HR partner and assisting leaders with their own development by connecting with the appropriate subject matter experts as needed
- Support Field Operations
- Provide feedback and support to various levels of leadership, often taking opposing sides
- Influence leaders to make the right decision even if that is the harder decision to make
- Talent management and coaching Leaders on performance discussions
- Provide support to Recruitment approximately 25% of the time
As the ideal candidate you will offer:
- Strong Employee Relations skills
- Minimum 3 years of front line HR experience in a true HR Partner role
- Initiative and resourcefulness (you don’t need close supervision)
- Some experience within Recruitment
- Dynamic, team player with the ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent knowledge of employment/labour legislation
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and AODA
- Knowledge of practical and professional HR systems and processes
- Knowledge of HR professional standards/best practices
- Ensure adherence to all legislative and government guidelines
- Enjoys working with all levels of Management
- Customer service oriented, Professional and discrete, excellent communication skills
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrates a passion for the industry
- Able to handle multiple projects and move them along effectively
- Strong retail or hospitality experience an asset
What we offer you:
- A welcoming, fun and safe work environment
- A workplace founded on respect
- Opportunities to be a valuable member of a close-knit team
- A strong and effective training program
- A supporting and encouraging Leadership team
- Potential for personal development
- Career opportunities within a leading Canadian Company
Recipe/Cara offers a great open office work environment, with a competitive salary, group benefits, subsidized bistro, on site gym facilities and a 20% discount to most of our restaurants.
As part of our accessibility commitment, We are committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants, and will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with us however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.