The Landing Group is proud to bring the Greater Toronto Area some of the most exciting restaurant concepts. Our vision begins and ends with great food, great service and great experiences. This goes beyond the building and the fixtures, it means menus are developed, service standards are perfected, music is chosen and experiences are made with our guests as our focus. Your lifestyle inspires our hospitality. With core values that are based around quality, community and commitment to excellence, The Landing Group is excited to showcase a truly fantastic product and experience. The menu, service and atmosphere at each location are what make working here exciting.
We are searching for a Manager, Group Sales and Event Coordination to join our team. This incubent will be responsible for developing strategies and initiatives to generate large group sales (defined as 35 or more people or parties with a special menus or coordination) and ensure professional execution of all large events and parties.
- Develop and apply Private Dining and Group Sales strategies and initiatives;
- Build and maintain Landing database outlining previous agreements, minimum spends, Guest preferences, processes, documentations;
- Oversee & manage all Private Dining and Group Sales inquiries and bookings;
- Respond to Request for Proposal (PRF) within 48 hours;
- Advise on all client needs such as: menu and beverage selection, dietary needs/exceptions, décor, special requests, and event flow;
- Prepare & draft written agreements outlining occasion elements; including but not limited to, minimum spends, food and beverage commitments, band bookings and drink tickets;
- As the face of Landing, follow-up with event organizers to thank them and ensure repeat business;
- Work closely with the General Manager & Chef to execute corporate and large party private dining events;
- Ensure all details for events are consistent and completely delivered to the restaurant teams in a time for them to order product and prepare staffing levels;
- Create, update and maintain all reservation & host reference materials including group functions and procedures.
- Energetic, self starter and team player;
- Competitive and motivated individual;
- Post secondary education in marketing or sales an asset;
- Minimum one-year experience in a full service restaurant/bar environment;
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills;
- Strong organization skills;
- Event planning experience an asset;
- Loves connecting with people and building relationships;
- Must be comfortable working in 4 unique environments: upscale dining restaurant, kitchen environment, on-the-road, and potentially home office setting.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, please apply online today!
As part of our accessibility commitment, there are alternative ways to interview with us. Please inform us if you require interview accommodation.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in opportunities with us. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.