RECIPE Unlimited Corporation (formerly Cara Operations Limited) is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, Montana’s, Kelsey’s, Milestones, Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group, New York Fries, St-Hubert, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Associates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – along with competitive compensation, we operate in a fast paced and energetic environment where effective team work and self-motivation to work independently are harmonious traits.
Design & Construction Coordinator - Looking for a dynamic and highly motivated Design & Construction Coordinator
The Design & Construction Coordinator will report directly to the Sr. Director of Design and Construction. You will be providing support to the Design and Construction team in delivering our Recipe projects.
- Assisting in setting up project administration files
- Assisting with correspondence between Owner, Architect, Engineers, sub-trades and suppliers in cooperation with the Project Manager
- Access database administration, ensuring pipeline reports are up-to-date
- Assisting /preparing and updating the project construction schedule/tracker
- Developing successful relationships with current and prospective General Contractors, consultants, and developers
- Issue all NSO/Conversion project tenders and addenda to GC’s, receive and summarize GC bids and issue bid summary to PM for them to do the final qualifications.
- Closing tenders in consultation with senior managers
- To develop and track new systems and procedures
- Administration of Recipe ftp site boxes, drawing uploads/downloads.
- Administrative duties to Department head
- Work closely with the Project Manager to maintain documentation and records of all the project activities
- GC database administration, filing of all GC CCDC11 documents, maintaining a list of approved GC’s for projects across the country.
- Support Reno Team on projects & activities, which includes, printing drawings, tendering projects as required.
- Able to multi-task, running numerous projects at the same time
- Able to work both independently, and, in a team environment
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and maintain control under pressure
- Other duties as reasonably assigned from time to time
Construction Project Coordinator Qualifications
- Minimum 3-5 years experience and knowledge of the construction tendering process – stipulated sum, construction management, and design build.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications
- Previous experience preparing and managing construction documents
- Knowledge of the construction process and timelines of projects
- Strong interpersonal and time management, and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, confident, professional and dependable
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Project
- Familiarity with Ontario Building Code
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we offer you:
- A welcoming, fun and safe work environment
- A workplace founded on respect
- Opportunities to be a valuable member of a close-knit team
- A strong and effective training program
- A supporting and encouraging Leadership team
- Potential for personal development
- Career opportunities within a leading Canadian Company
Recipe/Cara offers a great open office work environment, with a competitive salary, group benefits, subsidized bistro, on site gym facilities and a 20% discount to most of our restaurants.
As part of our accessibility commitment, We are committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants, and will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with us however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.