Junior Sous Chef – Milestones – Niagara Falls
@ Marriott On The Falls
Niagara Falls, ON, Canada
If you are a Culinary Professional looking to take your career to the next level, this is the position for you!!!
Milestones Grill + Bar is located on the Mezzanine level of the Marriott on the Falls directly overlooking Niagara Falls. Our full service restaurant and bar provides an upscale, cool and casual atmosphere. Whether our Guest is traveling on business or taking much needed vacation, our mission is to always exceed the expectations of our guest.
Summary of Responsibilities:
At Milestones Grill + Bar we are currently searching for a Junior Sous Chef who has a passion for excellence to lead our culinary team. As a Junior Sous Chef you will be directly reporting and assisting to the Milestones Chef in running the operations of the Milestones Restaurant. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assisting in day to day management and operations of Milestones kitchen.
- Overseeing Milestones specs on preparation, portioning, quality and presentation ensuring strict adherence to health codes and established Milestones and Marriott standards.
- Assisting in the recruiting, training and developing the Kitchen team
- Maintaining, implementing policies and procedures.
- Assist with Daily Purchasing, receiving and storage of all food items.
- Managing food costs through waste management, portion control and ordering.
- Ensure high level of food quality and consistency through training and direction to kitchen associates.
- Working within budgeted guidelines in relation to Food Cost and Payroll.
- Ensuring daily stand-up/ communication meetings are conducted.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
- Minimum of 5 years cooking experience in high volume restaurant with at least 1 year experience in a Supervisory capacity.
- Outstanding attention to detail – personal grooming/appearance and properly identifying guests needs, demeanor, and level of required service attention.
- Diploma in Culinary Management.
- Food safety certified.
- Certification of Qualification – Culinary Inter Provincial Red Seal “or in progress”
- Strong leadership and Communication skills.
- The successful candidate is expected to be a leader in demonstrating behaviours consistent with Milestones Culture Statement and Marriott Hotels International
- Basic knowledge of computer desktop systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office System
SOME BENEFITS MILESTONES GRILLE + BAR ENJOYS:
- Working with professional and great team members under Marriott Standards
- Complimentary daily staff meal “lunch, dinner and midnight”
- Immediate access to the Friends and Family hotel and dining discounts at any participating Marriott, Delta and Starwood brands hotels worldwide
- Complimentary Staff parking; complimentary bike storage facilities
- Shower and locker facilities
- Complimentary personal uniform dry cleaning
- Complimentary Company sponsored events
Milestones Grill + Bar is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.