Milestones – Niagara Falls
@ Marriott On The Falls
Niagara Falls, ON, Canada
If you are a Culinary Professional looking to take your career to the next level, this is the position for you!
Milestones Grill + Bar is located on the Mezzanine level of the Marriott on the Falls directly overlooking Niagara Falls. Our full service restaurant and bar provides an upscale, cool and casual atmosphere. Whether our Guest is traveling on business or taking much needed vacation, our mission is to always exceed the expectations of our guest.
Summary of Responsibilities:
At Milestones Grill + Bar we are currently searching for a Cook 1 who will be directly reporting to the Milestones Chef. The Cook 1 will be assisting in the efficient operations of the kitchen to ensure high quality and consistency of food preparation in accordance to Milestones standards while striving to advance his/her knowledge, skills and abilities and consistently share these with others while promoting professional work habits that will ensure that the department is being guided at all times by Milestones Mission, Vision and Values. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receiving, storing and preparing food items needed in the kitchen.
- Preparation of all items as communicated by the Sous Chef and Milestones Chef.
- Adhering to standardized recipes in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met.
- Ensuring all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served in accordance with hotel and government Food Safety guidelines.
- Report any areas and equipment in need of a work order; responding positively and in a timely manner to all internal and external guest requests.
- Actively participate in The Marriott’s environmental programs and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations.
- Maintain a safe work environment by actively being aware of HACCP
- Foster an environment of cooperation within the department and between other departments within the hotel.
- Perform any and all other tasks which are assigned by leaders
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times.
- Minimize wastage in order to reduce food cost experience
- Adhere to the service excellence behaviours found in the daily basic card; etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Red Seal Certification preferred or to be obtain within 6 months of hire
- Completion of Cook Apprentice Program
- Ability to skillfully and efficiently execute every station in a kitchen.
- Milestones experience an asset
- Experience in a high volume restaurant environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as cooperatively within a team setting.
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma preferred.
Some Benefits Milestones Grille + Bar Enjoys:
- Working with professional and great team members under Marriott Standards
- Complimentary daily staff meal “lunch, dinner and midnight”
- Complimentary Uniform Laundry Service + Shower and locker facilities
- Immediate access to the Friends and Family hotel and dining discounts at any participating Marriott, Delta and Starwood brands hotels worldwide
- Complimentary Staff parking; complimentary bike storage facilities
- Complimentary Company sponsored events
Milestones Grill + Bar is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.