Recipe Unlimited Corporation (formerly Cara Operations Limited) is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, Montana’s, Kelsey’s, Milestones, Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group, New York Fries, St-Hubert, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Associates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – along with competitive compensation, we operate in a fast paced and energetic environment where effective team work and self-motivation to work independently are harmonious traits.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Deliver and administer Total Rewards Programs and provide support in all matters related to compensation & benefits practices and policies. This includes salaried and hourly compensation, incentive plans, group benefit plans and group retirement & savings programs. Administration duties include enrollments, terminations, performing regular audits along with responding to inquiries and working to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Liaise between vendors and employees and advising employees on eligibility, coverage, and other benefits matters.
- Assist in the annual merit and incentive process, including the calculation of the incentive plan bonuses, preparation of letters and bonus documents
- Complete annual & ad hoc compensation & benefits surveys, and provide ad hoc review, analysis of programs and reports.
- Prepare and audit all invoices and required paperwork to ensure timely funding of benefit plans
- Administer Leave Of Absence programs, including Short and long term disability. Interfaces with employees, insurance carriers, and third party administrators. Maintains records regarding employee leave of absences to achieve a high level of efficiency in plan administration.
- Coordinates physical limitations, return to work requests, and terminations following a leave of absence.
- Support the performance management process
What are we looking for from you?
- 3 to 5 years of experience in total rewards
- Knowledge of total rewards program, including benefits, retirement and leave of absence
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and ability to influence decision makers
- Excellent technical skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and mail merging
- Well above average attention to detail
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, including employment standards
- HRIS system knowledge, including implementation of such is preferred
- Some payroll knowledge, including proven ability to work with the payroll team in the administration of Total Rewards Programs.
***Please note that this is a 12 month contract.***
What we offer you:
- A welcoming, fun and safe work environment
- A workplace founded on respect
- Opportunities to be a valuable member of a close-knit team
- A strong and effective training program
- A supporting and encouraging Leadership team
- Potential for personal development
- Career opportunities within a leading Canadian Company
Recipe Corporation Unlimited/Cara offers a great open office work environment, with a competitive salary, group benefits for full time salaried employees, and a 20% discount to most of our restaurants.
As part of our accessibility commitment, We are committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants, and will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with us however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.